Ground for data collection
Processing of your personal information (meaning, any information which may potentially allow your identification with reasonable means; hereinafter “Personal Information”) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations towards you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests and for compliance with legal and financial obligations to which we are subject.
What information do we collect?
We collect two types of data and information from users:
The first type of information is un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a user(s), which may be made available or gathered via your use of the site (non-personal information”). We are not aware of the identity of the user from which the non-personal information was collected. Non-personal information which is being collected may include your aggregate usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time etc) in order to enhance the functionality of our site. We may also collect information of your activity on the site (e.g., pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions etc)
The second type of information is Personal Information which is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual. Information includes:
· Device information: we collect personal information from your device. Such information includes geolocation data, IP address, unique identifiers (e.g. MAC address and UUID) and other information which relates to your activity through the site.
· Contact form information: when you complete a form on this website you will be asked to provide us with certain details such as name; email and telephone number, plus other information which is relevant to your enquiry.
How do we receive information about you?
We receive your personal information from various sources:
· When you voluntarily provide us with your personal details in order to register on our site
· When you use or access our site in connection with your use of our services
· From third party providers, services and public registers (for example, traffic analytics vendors)
What information do we collect?
We may use the information for the following:
· Communicating with you via sending notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have.
· To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and services
· To market our website and products (see Marketing)
· Conducting statistical and analytical purposes intended to improve this site.
In addition to the different uses listed above we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to subsidiaries, affiliated companies or subcontractors.
· Hosting and operating our site
· Providing you with our services, including providing a personalised display of our site
· Storing and processing on our behalf
· Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our sites and services
· Performing research, technical diagnostics and analytics.
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request (ii) enforce our policies (including our agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof (iii)investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims (v) prevent harm of the rights, property or safety of us, our user(s) (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
You may request to:
· Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information
· Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured commonly used and machine readable format.
· Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control
· Request erasure of your personal information
· Object to the processing of your personal information by us
· Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us
· Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO) using the details below:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdates, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing customer personal data, record opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information at any time and at our own discretion.
A Cookie is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences and making the interaction between you and our services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our services.
The site used the following types of cookies:
Session Cookies which are stored only temporarily during browsing sessions in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from our device when the browser is closed.
Persistent Cookies which are read only by the site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are no deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store preferences for the next sign-in.
Third Party Cookies which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked by us to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences, however if you chose to disable cookies some features of our site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third Party Collection of information
How do we safeguard your information?
Transfer of data outside of the EU
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside of the EU. In such cased we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission and providing adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use your personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number etc ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
If you have any questions regarding this site or about the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Torchlight Recruitment Solutions UK Limited, registered in England under registration number: 13002423
Registered Address: 3rd Floor Buckingham House, Buckingham Street, Aylesbury, HP20 2LA
Last modified 20th January 2021.